AFP Sept. 9, 2015
Geneva -- Guinea has notched up a week without a new case of Ebola, a first since March 2014, the head of the UN's response to the epidemic, Bruce Aylward, said on Wednesday.
Health workers with a patient under quarantine at the Nongo Ebola treatment centre in Conakry, Guinea on August 21, 2015 (AFP Photo/Cellou Binani)
"As of today, they have gone seven days without a (new) case of Ebola," said Aylward, the World Health Organization's special envoy for the epidemic.
"That is the longest period since March of last year that Guinea has gone without an Ebola case," he added.
There are two people in the country who have Ebola, but they tested postive before September 2.
Read complete story.